Prime Class Optical Quality
An Ultra-telephoto zoom with 600mm reach for mirrorless cameras, which offers both Sports line features and a lightweight body.
The first Sports line lens for mirrorless cameras with 600mm reach introduced to the market where not many options exist, especially with ultra-telephoto zoom lenses for cameras with a full-frame sensor. As a successor of 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports, this lens achieves enhanced optical performance in a lightweight body.
✔ Dust and Splash Resistant Structure
✔ Various switches
✔ Customizable features
✔ High optical performance
✔ Designed exclusively for mirrorless cameras
✔ Designed to be lightweight to suit mirrorless camera systems
✔ AF with high followability
✔ Successor of the 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports
✔ One and only 150-600mm lens for mirrorless cameras
■ Key Features
1. Uncompromising optical performance throughout the zoom range
– Achieving prime class optical quality at tele end around 600mm
– The first lens with the ”Sports” concept optimized for mirrorless cameras
– Aberrations are thoroughly corrected
– As a ultra-telephoto zoom covering 600mm at tele end, and designed exclusively for mirrorless systems, this lens has the widest focal range
– Minimum shooting distance 58cm at Wide end
– OS (Optical Stabilizer) function
1. Fast, high-precision AF and impressive functionality
– Newly incorporated high-precision magnetic sensor
– Various switches suited for Sports line
1. Outstanding build quality optimized for ultra-telephoto photography
– Newly incorporated Zoom Torque switch
– Dual Action Zoom
– Dust and Splash Resistant Structure / Water and Oil Repellent Coating
– Construction material: combines robust build with lightweight materials
– Other features: focus on user experience and attention to detail
– Various accessories
■ Lens Construction
● 25 elements in 15 groups (4 FLD*, 2 SLD*) *FLD = ‘F’ Low Dispersion, *SLD = Super Low Dispersion,
● Designed to minimize axial chromatic aberration throughout the zoom range.
● FLD/SLD at the front corrects overall chromatic aberration.
● FLD is incorporated in a concave lens at rear side to control chromatic aberration of magnification.
● By minimizing chromatic aberration of magnification, the lens can produce images with even higher resolution.
● These help give images the resolution and clearest detail—not only at the tele end around 600mm, which is critical for an ultra-telephoto zoom, but also throughout its entire zoom range—with no compromise.